Skip to Content
Helpful Info


We undertake the complaint handling responsibilities for and on behalf of the lenders and owners for whom we act as the appointed servicer of your mortgage.

In addition, you may also make a complaint about Acenden’s activities for which we have sole responsibility.

Whether or not we are acting for and on behalf of your lender or owner, or in our own right in the complaint handling process, we will deal with your complaint promptly and fairly.

To assist you we have published a leaflet entitled "What to do if you want to complain" which summarises our internal process for dealing with complaints promptly and fairly.

The easiest way to raise your complaint is send us an email using our online form.

Alternatively you can write to us at:

Complaints Team
Ascot House,
Maidenhead Office Park,
Maidenhead, SL6 3QQ

Or download our Complaint Form and post it back to us at the above address.

However, if you would prefer to discuss your complaint by telephone, you should initially contact the relevant department directly by calling either:

Customer Arrears Support: 0333 300 0468


Customer Services: 0333 300 0426

If they are unable to resolve your complaint, it will be referred to Customer Liaison for further investigation.

Should you remain dissatisfied with our final response you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for resolution. The Financial Ombudsman Service provides consumers with a free and independent service.

You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service by any of the following methods:

By post:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
London E14 9SR

By telephone:
0800 0 234 567 - Free for people telephoning from a “fixed line” (for example, a landline at home)
0300 123 9 123 - Free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02

By email:

On the internet: 

Our latest complaints data:
As we received fewer than 500 complaints in the reporting period we are not required to publish the complaints data on our website.

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Complaints

Acenden has never been involved in the sale of PPI, however you may have taken out a PPI policy or had one linked to your loan, through one of the lenders we service your account for (or previously serviced your account for if it has subsequently been redeemed). Should you wish to complain, you can submit your PPI complaint against your lender by using the contact details above and Acenden will investigate your concerns on their behalf. To help us investigate your PPI complaint as effectively as possible, please read the information below and provide as many details as you can, including the name to the original lender using the relevant form.

Please note: If you decide to make a complaint, you do not need to engage a claims management company (“CMC”) to do so on your behalf – a complaint raised directly by you will be investigated and responded to in the same way and timescales and you will not incur any fees or charges, which you would otherwise incur when engaging a CMC to act on your behalf.

PPI Mis-selling:  If your complaint relates to being mis-sold a PPI policy that your original lender sold directly to you (rather than by a broker or intermediary dealing with this on your behalf), please complete the PPI Mis-selling questionnaire form and send it to us.  As part of our investigation, we will also consider the non-disclosure of PPI commission by the lender, where applicable.

Please note: If the sale of your PPI policy was arranged by your broker or intermediary, they will be responsible for dealing with any PPI mis-selling complaint, therefore you should direct your complaint to them rather than to us on behalf of your lender. In the event you submit your PPI mis-selling complaint directly to us, we will forward that complaint to your broker or intermediary in the first instance for them to deal with. In the event your broker is no longer trading, we will refer you to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (“FSCS”).

PPI Non-Disclosure of Commission (“Plevin”) Complaints

When a PPI policy is sold in association with a loan or mortgage, the PPI provider (insurer) typically pays 'commission' to the lender, and the lender may pay part of that commission to the firm who arranged the sale (broker). In addition, the lender may have received on-going ‘profit share’ from the PPI provider in some circumstances. The money for this commission and profit-share would come out of the premium you paid for the PPI policy.

The Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) has introduced new rules that mean customers can complain that their lender earned a high level of commission (and profit share where applicable) from the sale of PPI policy associated with their loan, where this commission was not made clear by the lender when the policy was arranged (non-disclosure), thus creating an unfair relationship under s.140A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The FCA’s rules provide that a 'high level of commission' arises where more than half (or greater than 50%) of what you paid for your PPI policy amounted to commission and / or profit share.

The new FCA complaint rules on the non-disclosure of PPI commission mean you can:

  • complain to your lender on the grounds of the non-disclosure of commission even if PPI was not mis-sold, or you do not think it was mis-sold;
  • raise such a complainteven if you had a PPI mis-selling complaint rejected in the past by the firm who sold the PPI policy to you (or by the FSCS if the firm was no longer trading).

If you have already complained about PPI mis-selling to another firm (or the FSCS) and had a refund of some or all of the money you paid for the PPI policy, we will not consider a complaint about the commission the lender may have earned. This is because, in this instance, there is no remaining loss that you need to be compensated for and you do not need to complain again.

Therefore if your complaint only relates to the non-disclosure of PPI commission (Plevin) (or if you previously complained about PPI mis-sale to another firm or the FSCS but your complaint was rejected), please complete the PPI non-disclosure commission complaint form and send it to us.

IMPORTANT: The FCA has set a deadline of 29 August 2019 for making a complaint about mis-sold PPI or non-disclosure of PPI commission. For complaints received after this date, customers will lose the right to have their complaint assessed by us, or the Financial Ombudsman Service.

For more information regarding our PPI complaints process see our PPI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). 

Alternatively, if you are unsure whether or not you have, or previously had, a PPI policy through the lender you originally took your loan out with, you can simply complete the PPI Enquiry Form and send it to us and we will check our records for you.  If you require assistance in completing this form you can contact our customer services team on 0333 300 0426.

Should you require more general help and support, the FCA has launched an awareness campaign, and details can be found on their website at:

Other sources of help and information can be found at:

Financial Ombudsman Service at:

Money Advice Service at:

Citizen’s Advice Bureau at:

Financial Services Compensation Scheme:

PPI Downloadable Forms
Back to top